macOS Finder can show preview icons for images, videos, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop files, but not After Effects project files until now. Introducing AEicons - After Effects preview icons.
Create preview icons for After Effects project files (
.aepx) and Motion Graphics Template files (
.mogrt), which can be viewed in Finder, Quick Look, Adobe Bridge and Media Encoder.
Preview icons are saved in macOS extended file attributes, so you can rename, copy, move and share project files with preview icons. Other Mac users will see the After Effects preview icons, whilst Windows users will see the original Adobe icon.
AEicons includes an After Effects script to add preview icons to open projects and a macOS Finder service, which uses the After Effects Render Engine to add preview icons to existing files, without updating project files and changing their modified dates.
“One more thing…” AEicons can also add project resolution, duration and frame rate to Finder comments, to help you identify project files without opening them.
AEicons.jsx with After Effects to:
- Save an open project with a preview icon
- Customise the preview icon by creating the
- Create a preview icon for a project with missing footage or effects
- Check for updates and change settings
AEicons.workflow with Finder and the After Effects Render Engine to:
- Add preview icons to multiple files in multiple folders
- Restore file modified dates to maintain file history
- Add preview icons to Motion Graphic Template (
- Create preview icons from
.pngimages with the same filename
- Prevent workspace modifications and auto-activation of Creative Cloud fonts
plus local taxes
Orders processed by Paddle.com
Please read the AEicons End User License Agreement before purchasing, downloading or using AEicons.
AEicons is also available as a free, lite version with limited features. See AEicons Lite to compare features.