For those that may be interested, this page details the technology stack used to develop and host this website.
But why develop our own website?
- Much of the content we produce gets published and shared online, so understanding the many issues helps us to help our clients.
- A personal interest in technology and the IT industry, which also includes many of our clients.
The domain was first registered in July 1995 and used mostly for development projects, until COVID-19 provided the opportunity to develop the current site.
- CSS framework: Tailwind CSS
- Animation libraries: Lottie, SMIL, GSAPGreenSock
- Automation frameworks: Node.js
- Build tool: Parcel
Customised versions of Adobe XD plugins were used to export Tailwind CSS classes and plain text, which was then marked up and saved to HTML using Pandoc.
The development of this website provided an opportunity to learn and experiment with various web animation technologies. The hero illustrations are SVG graphics animated using Lottie, the splash screens use SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language), and the wave uses GSAP (GreenSock Animation Platform).
Limiting support to only modern web browsers, enabled development with modern frameworks like Tailwind CSS and web APIs like Intersection Observer, without the use of polyfills.
Thanks for your interest. We’d love to share our knowledge with your web development team, to add video and animation content to your website.